Richard D. Bringardner
Dick is a partner, and the chairs Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Department of Wiles, Boyle, Burkholder & Bringardner. He is an Ohio State Bar Association Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law. His practice also encompasses real estate and business planning for closely held businesses.
He earned a B.S. with honors from Ashland University and is an Order of the Curia honors graduate of Capital University Law School. Admitted in 1978, he serves on several Bar Association committees at the local, state and national level.
Dick was a founding organizer of St. Brigid of Kildare Church. He is actively involved with the Tourette Syndrome Association of Ohio and is the Director of its Camp for Special Needs Children. He is a participant in the Columbus Bar Association's Volunteer Guardian Program through the Central Ohio Department of Aging and a member of the Columbus Bar Association's Lawyers for Justice Committee. He and his wife, Susan, have two teenage sons and are long time residents of Dublin.Representative Experience
Speeches and Publications
- Dick practice has encompassed wealth, estate and tax planning, ranging from simple estate plans to large federally taxable and complex estates, Medicaid planning and Special Needs Planning.
- A real estate practice which includes both commercial and residential real property acquisitions, sales and leasing, and real estate title insurance matters.
- Representation of numerous closely held, often family held, business.
- Representation of Secured Creditors in Creditors Rights and Bankruptcy Matters.
- National Business Institute regularly speaking on various real estate topics
- Columbus Bar Association speaking on Estate and Professional Planning and Retirement
- Probate Institute speaker on retirement planning
Other Practice Areas: Wealth & Estate Planning, Trusts and Estate Administration; Representation of Closely Held Businesses; Real Estate Law; Real Estate Title Insurance Law; Business Law; Bankruptcy & Creditors Rights Law.
Professional Memberships and Volunteer Activities
- American Bar Association (Member: Sections on Corporation; Banking and Business Law; and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law)
- Ohio State Bar Association (Member: Sections on Estate Planning; Trust and Probate Law; Real Estate Law)
- Columbus Bar Association (Member: Real Property Law Committee; Probate Committee; Estate and Gift Tax Committee and Bankruptcy Committee)
Achievements and Awards
- Order of the Curia, Capital University Law School
- Ohio State Bar Association Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Probate and Trusts
- Juris Doctorate, 1978
Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio, with honors
- Bachelor of Science, 1975
Ashland University, Ashland, Ohio
Business Administration (Economics & Finance), with honors
- Ohio, 1978
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio