Michael L. Close
As a retired judge of the Court of Common Pleas for Franklin County and the Tenth District Court of Appeals of Ohio, Mike brings extensive experience to his litigation, appellate, mediation and public sector law practice.
He's a graduate of Ohio State with a law degree from Capital University. He was a Captain in the United States Army with service in Vietnam. Mike is a member of the Columbus, Ohio State and Florida Bar Associations and is admitted to the Supreme Courts of Ohio, Florida, and the United States.
He is a long time resident and former Mayor of the City of Dublin. He and his wife, Chris, have three children, Allison, Dan and Brian.
Other Practice Areas: Civil Litigation; Arbitration; Mediation; Appellate Practice.
- Major Torts, including Wrongful Death
- Death Penalty
- Real Estate
Professional Memberships and Volunteer Activities
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- The Florida Bar Association
- Law Director, City of Hilliard
- Board of Governors, Columbus Bar Association
- Council Delegates, Ohio State Bar Association
- President, Capital Law School Alumni Board
- President, St. Brendan Parish Church
- President, St. Brendan School Board
- Religious Education Instructor
- Jeffrey Foundation, Trustee
- Coach and Referee of various youth groups
- President and Founder Inns of Court #2
- Dublin Fund, Trustee
- Alvis House, Trustee
- Faith Mission, Trustee
- Dublin A.M. Rotary, Trustee
- Dublin Chamber of Commerce, Trustee
Achievements and Awards
- Dean's Award, Capital University Law School
- Juris Doctorate, 1975
Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio
- Bachelor of Science, 1967
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Adjunct Professor, Capital University Law School. Frequent presenter for Ohio Judicial College, Ohio Judicial Conference, and various other bar organizations.
- Ohio, 1975
- Florida, 1976
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1979